Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Road Goes Ever on and on

     Day 3                                                                                                          Wednesday
  
  There are so many things in this world that you can get too much of, for example being in the car for hours on end is something you can get tired of very quickly.
This week I have spent sixteen hours in the car altogether not adding the short trips to the store and other places. 
When all your relatives live in distant far off lands there is much too much driving involved just to visit them for a few days.


Half way there


  Now I'm not saying that five seater cars are all bad but they really shouldn't call them five seater because they really only fit four people and a half, if you actually try and stuff five fully grown people in the seats you end up sitting on top of one another.
The first couple hours of the car trip I think are quite relaxing actually because you can listen to music, catch up on your reading, all that sort of stuff but when your nearing the end of four hours you start to go a bit crazy, wait scratch that you go totally bonkers, loopy, bats in the belfry! 
I shall elaborate on that and describe in detail what happened to my family and I.
  Someone, I will name no names has had the same line of a song stuck in her head for two hours and has been singing it over and over and over again, the person in the front seat is glaring at the people in the back seat and giving them a lecture on how it can't actually be that uncomfortable if we would all stop over reacting, and the person on the other side of you won't stop complaining about how my elbow is in his face. 
If you have ever been in a situation like that you can understand why on arriving I kissed the solid ground.
  If I disappear for a few days I haven't died or been kidnapped I'm just walking to the store.
      Grace Yacht

P.S When life gives you lemons throw tomatoes.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment